We have open positions and are currently seeking qualified professionals to join our team.
If interested, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Payroll and Tax Accountant
Are you looking to take your accounting career to the next level? Looking for a challenging growth position and the opportunity to work directly with clients and make a difference?Would you enjoy supporting and investing in the vibrancy and passion of local, small business with all its challenges and opportunities? Come join us. We are a small, swiftly growing CPA firm that specializes in support services to small business clients. We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our professional team and grow along with us.Applicant will work closely with clients in all aspects of their business and will have the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of public accounting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build strong working relationship with clients
- Identify and communicate issues and progress in an organized timely manner
- Problem solve to achieve accuracy and completeness in all job aspects
- Perform the following payroll, bookkeeping and tax return preparation tasks for multiple small business clients:
- Manage and process regular business payroll including compliance reporting, benefit tracking and payroll audits using proprietary software
- Create payroll journal entries and/or enter transactional data
- Analyze and communicate whether payroll goals are being maintained
- Full and partial service bookkeeping using QuickBooks, Excel, and other proprietary accounting software
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Analyze and communicate any irregularities on financial statements
- Assist with tax return preparation
- Ensure client bookkeeping data is ready for tax preparation
- Manage and compile tax documents, including receiving documents from clients, data entry, printing and filing of tax docs during tax season
- Communicate frequently via email and phone with clients
- Back-up to office reception, including answering phones, greeting clients, filing
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, or 5 years of experience with payroll, bookkeeping and/or tax preparation
- CPA or Enrolled Agent certification a plus
- Technology Savvy - Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel and other Cloud-based applications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and government agencies
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task
- Capable of problem-solving and adapting to changing client needs
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have enthusiasm and excellent customer service skills
- Stress tolerance
Our work environment is friendly and comfortable, yet very professional.We are the primary and most trusted business advisors to our clients and we value and take great pride in that.Achieving that level of trust requires us to work as a team.You will have a heavy work schedule during tax season and a few other deadline times during the year.
Submit resume and references asap, as we are looking to hire right away.
Thank you for your interest.
Compensation range is $40-$50k/year plus bonus, DOE.